Friday 15 June 2012

The Wedge Espresso, Glebe

Wee~ My first blog post! After years of procrastinating, I've finally decided to start my own food blog. I've just finished my last paper in uni today, so thought I would start this blog to celebrate my last day at uni. I've one week of holidays before I start my placements :p

Enough of the rambling, on to the FOOD!

This is not the first time I've been to The Wedge. My previous visits were all yummy and positive. Friendly service and a 'swagger' interior and ambience.






Here's the menu...



A great seasonal menu with a selection of affordable and flavourful items. I would say it's a healthier menu compared to the typical Big Brekkie with bacon and hash browns.

So this was what JC and I ordered. on a rainy gloomy day, 3 days ago, on our monthiversary.


Flat white and Skim Cappuccino to start with... 



Smashed Egg & Ham Roll



Chai & Date Bircher Muesli


The food was up to expectations. Coffee was good, one of the better ones in that area. Egg yolks in the roll were slightly runny, perfectly cooked. We got the roll toasted, so there was that warm and slightly crunchy outer layer of bread. Ahh...such comfort food for a rainy day. My bircher muesli was Chai infused, topped with creamy yoghurt and stewed rhubarb. If only it was warm in this chilly winter... I like Chai and the muesli kept me full for a long time. Not to mention all the amazing cholesterol-lowering properties of oats. Definitely a win-win situation for both my heart and my growling tummy.

Go explore The Wedge! It's along Glebe Pt Rd where 7-eleven is just around the corner. Their Pulled Pork Sandwich is a must-try, with Asian inspired flavours that goes so well with those tender pieces of pork. They should be having their winter menu soon. Can't wait to try!


(Credit to JC for the photos taken from his iPhone. Saving up for a better camera :p)


Wedge Espresso on Urbanspoon



2 comments:

  1. I saw this cafe last weekend when strolling down Glebe Point Road - love how it's "wedged" into it's little spot.

    ReplyDelete